The main objectives of the Project related to the above mentioned problems/challenges:
- Developing and applying environmentally friendly joint approaches/methods and new techniques in planning and managing historical urban and rural sites in SEE as recommended by the International Convention on Cultural Heritage;
- Pursuing compatibility and synergy between preservation of CH and socio-economic development, in order to enhance sustainability, protect cultural identity and improve sites’ liveability;
- Elaborating a shared transferable Environmental Planning Model to be applied to CH sites in the participating countries and exportable in the SEE area, thus ensuring productive project follow-up and concrete impact;
- Managing conflicting uses and interests and balancing different actors’ demands: local economy, citizens, tourists, property owners, farmers, conservators and conservationists, etc.;
- Enhancing capacity of national/local authorities, tourism operators and CH managers The Project will contribute to the historical sites’ growth and to job creation through appropriate financial tools (Business Plans) and training aimed at improving the capacity of national/local stakeholders.